About Our Campaign
Because of our success as a team over the last several seasons, we are looking to make strides to become a top 50 tennis program. One of the ways we are trying to get there is by going out west for spring break in 2025, and we need your help to get there!
A trip like this would be essential for our team and its development. It would give us the opportunity to play teams we do not normally get a chance to compete against. Playing different teams can help us boost our ranking while also preparing us for our conference season. Aside from tennis, this trip would create lifelong memories for student-athletes and coaches while getting to experience a place that many of us have not.
Our goal is to spend the entire week of spring break training and competing, while also providing:
- Individual and team growth through travel;
- Cultural engagement and exploration;
- Warmer weather conditions to better prepare for our conference season; and
- Play against new competition.
How Your Support Will IMPACT the JMU Women's Tennis Student-Athlete Experience
Your gift, of any amount, will help support team operational expenses for training and travel — including transportation, room and board, and team bonding opportunities — to benefit the student-athlete experience.
- 1 gift of $500 supports airfare for one student-athlete
- 1 gift of $350 supports housing for one student-athlete
- 1 gift of $250 supports meals for one student-athlete
- 1 gift of $150 supports team bonding opportunities for one student-athlete
About JMU Women's Tennis
JMU Women’s Tennis is a championship winning team, priding ourselves on our family culture and our success on the court, in the classroom, and in the community.
- 2019 and 2021 CAA Team Tournament Champions
- 2019 and 2021 NCAA Team Tournament Qualifiers
- 2023 Sun Belt Conference Team Tournament Runners-Up
- Finished 2023 at #83 in the nation as a team
Visit our team website to learn more about us at https://jmusports.com/sports/wten and follow our Instagram account at @jmuwtennis.
About Funds Raised During Diggin'Dukes
One hundred percent (100%) of funds raised in support of JMU Women's Tennis during the Diggin’Dukes campaign immediately go to the JMU Women's Tennis Sport Program Fund (restricted-use fund) and benefit the JMU Women's Tennis student-athlete experience.
Sport program funds are restricted-use funds that can only be utilized by the individual sport program. 100% of gifts made to sport program funds go to the selected sport program and are 100% tax deductible.
If our goal is achieved, funds that exceed our goal will go to support our team operational needs during the 2023-2024 season.
If we do not achieve our goal, funds raised during the Diggin’Dukes campaign will go to support team operational needs during the 2023-2024 season.
Funds are allocated at the discretion of our coaches and administration.
Diggin'Dukes Leadership Team Members
Cate Broerman & Hayley Glen (Tyson Thomas)