About Our Campaign
With the success of our program over the last six years, we are looking to take the next steps to become a top-tier women’s golf program! One of the ways we are doing this is by traveling to Jacksonville, Florida for a winter training trip to better prepare our team for championship season. We need your help to get there!
The winter training trip will be an integral part of development for our team in 2024-2025. This will be the first time our program has coordinated a training trip, so the team is very excited about this new opportunity and the memories it will create! The trip will improve not only our golf game, but also the team camaraderie within our program. It will help foster lasting connections between our student-athletes and coaches — creating a special bond that will be remembered not only for our 2024-2025 season but also well beyond our college years!
Our winter training trip to Jacksonville, Florida will provide:
- Opportunities for team development beyond sport including exercises in team bonding;
- Golf instructional opportunities;
- Warmer weather conditions to better prepare for our championship season; and
- Play on tournament-caliber golf courses.
How Your Support Will IMPACT the JMU Women's Golf Student-Athlete Experience
Your gift, of any amount, will help support team operational expenses for training and travel — including transportation, room and board, and team bonding opportunities — to benefit the student-athlete experience.
- 1 gift of $400 supports airfare for one student-athlete
- 1 gift of $100 supports meals for one student-athlete
- 1 gift of $100 supports housing for one student-athlete
- 1 gift of $50 supports green fees for one day of golf per student-athlete
About JMU Women's Golf
The JMU Women’s Golf program is built using a M.V.P. process (Mission, Vision, Principles). This process has allowed the program to rise from the bottom half of the conference to winning the conference in 2021. In the first three years, the program won three events, and since the conference championship victory the Dukes have won five more tournaments including three last spring — the most wins in a single season in 20 years.
- The mission of the program is to help each player grow and prepare for success as a person, student, and athlete.
- The vision of the program is to become a top-60 ranked program annually, while competing for regular-season titles, conference championships, and qualifying for NCAA Postseason play.
- The principles of the program are founded on the following eight pillars of success: Awareness, Motivation, Confidence, Discipline, Focus, Emotional Flexibility, Visualization, and Habits/Routines.
Visit our team website at https://jmusports.com/sports/womens-golf and our Instagram account: @jmuwgolf
About Funds Raised During Diggin'Dukes
One hundred percent (100%) of funds raised in support of JMU Women's Golf during the Diggin’Dukes campaign immediately go to the JMU Women's Golf Sport Program Fund (restricted-use fund) and benefit the JMU Women's Golf student-athlete experience.
Sport program funds are restricted-use funds that can only be utilized by the individual sport program. 100% of gifts made to sport program funds go to the selected sport program and are 100% tax deductible.
If our goal is achieved, funds that exceed our goal will go to support our trip and team operational needs during the 2023-2024 seasons.
If we do not achieve our goal, funds raised during the Diggin’Dukes campaign will go to support our trip and team operational needs during the 2023-2024 seasons. Funds will go to support team operational needs and are allocated at the discretion of our coaches and administration.
Diggin'Dukes Leadership Team Members
Maria Atwood & Tatum Walsh (Tommy Baker)